The Poland Board of Education recognized staff for their dedication, commitment, and service to the Poland Local School District.
These wonderful staff members are retiring, and the PLSD wishes them all the best.
Also featured in the photo is Poland Schools Treasurer, Janet Munteen. Mrs. Munteen was recognized with the Ohio Auditor of State Award for excellence in financial reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and compliance with applicable laws for fiscal year ending 2018.
Welcome to the Poland Local School District, home of the Bulldogs.
The Poland Local School District (PLSD) is made up of four schools, Union Elementary ( Preschool- Grade 2), McKinley Elementary (3-5), Poland Middle School (6-8) and Poland Seminary High School (9-12.)
The Poland Local Schools started in 1802. Our vision is to build upon a tradition of excellence and our core values. Doing this, the Poland Local Schools will be a leading center of learning for students. Poland Local Schools are committed to providing students with a well-rounded education, preparing every student for success and meeting the individual needs of students.
POLAND SCHOOLS MISSION STATEMENT
Educate, empower and inspire every student at every opportunity.
POLAND SCHOOLS VISION
Built upon a tradition of excellence and our core values, the Poland Local Schools will be a leading center of learning for all students.
- Place the needs and welfare of students first.
- Respect the inherent value of each student.
- Nurture a desire for lifelong learning.
- Build community engagement.
- Operate with accountability and transparency.
- Uphold the tradition of our schools within the community.
- Educate within a collaborative, creative, and cultivating learning environment.
- Encourage parent and community involvement.
- Build honest and trusting relationships that respect all people.